Have you recently received notice of an audit by the IRS? Your first instinct might be to panic. However, an audit notice doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve done something terribly wrong.
There are a variety of reasons why the tax authorities might select your tax return for an audit, including:
- You made a calculation error.
- You neglected to report a source of income.
- You didn’t submit a necessary form.
- Your reported income doesn’t match your lifestyle.
- Your documents didn’t match your employers’ documents.
- A business partner or investor you work with is being audited.
- A deduction listed on your return raised a red flag.
- Your return was selected for a tax audit at random.
Whatever your specific circumstances, Taxation Solutions, Inc. can guide you through your IRS audit proceedings. We’ll work to present a clear case to the tax authorities, and we’ll negotiate any necessary tax settlements if the audit doesn’t go your way. In and around Raleigh, we’re your best bet for audit defense, thanks to our decades of experience in the field.
Get in touch today to book your initial appointment!